With March Madness fast approaching, watch for Google and the NCAA to handle the numbers for you.
You cannot get through a day in 2018 without using several different mediums of technology. The NCAA has realized this and recently announced a partnership with Google Cloud to help streamline access to college basketball data.
Google Cloud now has access to more than 8 decades’ worth of data that fans can look up and use. More importantly, the NCAA can now use this information for their own use. This deal can increase fan engagement with teams, but it can also help the selection committee for the National Tournament.
As March approaches, we will hear more and more about this deal and how it will be activated. Maybe this partnership will help give you the advantage with your bracket.
Nonetheless, college basketball is poised to take the spotlight with football now over and Google Cloud will look to take full advantage.
1. The “cloud” will continue to have increased prominence in sport and the NCAA did a nice job getting ahead of the pack and innovating.
2. There are an infinite amount of things you can do with this data, providing Google and the NCAA with a plethora of activation ideas.
3. Technology is continuing to play a bigger role in sports, and the NCAA is smart to get Google as an outside party to do things with their player and team data.
4. This deal has a practical business uses as well as fun activation and fan engagement uses.
5. Think of all the fine details within your organization and what has the potential to be sponsored and activated.
Written by: James Campbell
James Campbell is currently in his Senior year at the University of Michigan. In May of 2018, he will receive his BA degree in Sport Management. Throughout his time at Michigan, he has worked with Detroit City FC, MiLife Sport & Social Club, and USA Hockey. - @Jimmy10Campbell