The tire company loves this time of year due to the activation opportunities it gives them
It is a wonderful time of year as baseball has started and the NBA and NHL playoffs are going on. In all honesty, I don't know if there is a better moment in sports than scoring the overtime winner in an NHL playoff game.
Bridgestone takes advantage of this special moment by partnering with the NHL to give the "Bridgestone Clutch Performance" of the night. Each night after all the games are over, one player's performance is spotlighted to fulfill this title. In the playoffs, these clutch performances are appreciated even more.
Bridgestone has held their sponsorship with the NHL for the past several years and has become a staple to the league. While they are the "Official Tire of the NHL" and have held the naming rights to the Winter Classic, they have also been extending their partnership to teams at the local level as well.
This sponsorship is also activated through player endorsements and commercials. Overall, creating this clutch performance of the night campaign is brilliant marketing for Bridgestone and helps make their brand more noticeable with NHL fans.
1. Bridgestone has created a fun way of getting their brand name out there and associating themselves with the NHL.
2. The message Bridgestone sends with this clutch performance campaign matches up with their brand as a whole, trying to show that their tires are reliable and clutch.
3. Numerous casual NHL fans will sit down and watch multiple playoff games each night, increasing Bridgestone's exposure during the playoffs.
4. This partnership is also activated on the internet and other platforms besides television. Below is a link to Bridgestone's clutch performance website and a link to the NHL's clutch performance video section.
5. As a brand, think of campaigns that will better associate you with the sponsee and try to tie it in to your business. Bridgestone is doing both of those things with their partnership.
Check out some pictures of the activation below.
Bridgestone website: https://www.bridgestonetire.co...
NHL website: https://www.nhl.com/video/t-28...
Written by: James Campbell
James Campbell is currently in his Senior year at the University of Michigan. In May of 2018, he will receive his BA degree in Sport Management. Throughout his time at Michigan, he has worked with Detroit City FC, MiLife Sport & Social Club, and USA Hockey. - @Jimmy10Campbell